Episode 3- Indigenous Leprosy vaccine and its implications
Recording Time: 2nd September, 2016; 8:00 pm IST
Topic: Indigenous Leprosy vaccine and its implications
- Leprosy- Basic biology
- Statistics of Leprosy-
- Brief History
- Global Statistics
- Why do we need a Leprosy vaccine ?
- Logic of using Mycobacterium indicus pranii (MIP) for making a vaccine
- Current status of Indigenously developed Leprosy vaccine
References and links:
- Leprosy. An Update. http://www.actasdermo.org/en/leprosy-an-update-definition-pathogenesis/articulo/S1578219013001431/
- Leprosy: An Overview of Pathophysiology. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ipid/2012/181089/
- Yadava A et al. T-Cell Responses to Fractionated Antigens of Mycobacterium w, a Candidate Anti-Leprosy Vaccine, in Leprosy Patients. Scand J Immunol. 1991;34(1):23-31.
- Sharma et al. Immunoprophylactic effects of the anti-leprosy Mw vaccine in household contacts of leprosy patients: clinical field trials with a follow up of 8-10 years. Lepr Rev. 2005 Jun;76(2):127-43