Episode 4- Basics of Hepatitis C Virology
Recording Time: 19th September, 2016
Topic: Basics of Hepatitis C Virology
1. Classification of Hepatitis virus and Structure of Hepatitis C Virus
- Classification or Types (A, B, C, D and E)
- Structure and Genome of Virus
2. Genotypes and Epidemiology statistics
- World, USA, South-East Asia, India, Nepal
3. Pathogenesis and Life cycle
- Mechanism of transmission
- Cellular entry and replication mechanism
- Viral evasion and restriction factors
4. Laboratory diagnosis, prevention and treatment of Hepatitis C
- Scheel TKH and Rice CM. Understanding the hepatitis C virus life cycle paves the way for highly effective therapies. Nature Medicine. 2013;19(7):837-849.
- Manns Mvon Hahn T. Novel therapies for hepatitis C — one pill fits all?. Nature Reviews Drug Discovery. 2013;12(8):595-610.